This page has moved to a new address.

Popping my product review cherry

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Popping my product review cherry

Sooo this is my first product review.  Be gentle with me.

I had the absolute pleasure of test driving some Aveeno lotions and bath products.  Aveeno prides themselves on being natural products so I'll have to be honest and say that I was skeptical about how effective the bath products were going to be.  Smell plays a big factor in me choosing a shampoo and bath wash so I wasn't sure how these were going to fare.

I received all four products in the Baby range in the mail last week and having been giving them a work out ever since.

I tried the "Daily Moisture Lotion" out on myself first.  I've had really bad chapped lips lately and nothing seems to soothe them.  I rubbed a little of the lotion of my smoochers and they were kissably smooth in a couple of minutes and stayed like that until I had a shower. I've been using it since and my pout has been snog worthy since.  

Dyllan has had a raging nappy rash for the last 2-3 weeks that the normal remedies has been keeping at bay until a poonami occurs (yes these are still very much possible with a toddler, they are just bigger and smellier).  I tried out the "Soothing Relief Moisture Cream" on his little but.  It didn't have much effect on keeping the rash at bay however it was the first time that I was able to rub cream on the rash without him screaming like a banshee so there was success.

Bath time meant we got to test run the other two products in the baby range, "Soothing Relief Creamy Wash" and "Wash and Shampoo".  Dyllan has a bath so I decided to see how the creamy wash would bubble up in the tub.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of bubbles it created.  Dyllan didn't complain so it must have been a winner.  I used it on myself later in the shower and found that it did soap up nicely on a sponge too.  It also had a pleasant, without being intrusive scent.

I was apprehensive about trying out the wash and shampoo because hair washing is a bit of a sore point in our household.  Mainly for my ear drums, as well as anyone in a 5km radius.  Dyllan hates getting his hair washed with a passion.  He screams blue murder and something (usually me) always gets headbutted.  I gingerly lathered up Dyllan's hair with the shampoo, held my breath and poured the first rinse of water over his head....there was nothing. There was no screaming, no headbutting and no madly clawing at his eyes even though no water actually goes into his eyes.  It was a success.  It was quite possibly the best hair washing experience for all involved since Dyllan learnt to sit up by himself.

Overall I was really happy with the Aveeno Baby range.  I will definitely be buying the wash and shampoo in the future.  


If you would like to give the Aveeno Baby range a whirl or know someone who might benefit from them, then head into your nearest Major Supermarket, Pharmacy or Specialty Retail Outlet. Australia Only.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home