This page has moved to a new address.

Fresh Horses

Monday 13 February 2012

Fresh Horses


I really wasn't sure if I should link up to this, this week.  I didn't know how to approach it and whether I should, given the way that I have been feeling of late.  I however decided to look at it as a celebration of beating the odds rather than the morbid dwelling on death.

When I was 15, doctors told me that if I continued the way I was, that they would be surprised if I made it to 16...I outlasted that prediction.  Much to my dismay.

When I was 18, they told me if I continued the way that I was that I would be lucky to make it to 21.  Here I am almost 3 years later...beating the odds.  I'm still here battle scars and all.  

My behaviours didn't change until 3 years ago...I guess I must have always had a small glimmer of hope.  Even when I was downing 100's of pills.

I'm lucky that I haven't suffered any long term physical side effects. Shit got messy but the scars show that I survived.  I fought and I won...just.



Do you know what you'd want to be your funeral song? Would it be a celebration of beating the odds? Link up with Edenland and tell your story too.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 13 February 2012 at 10:18 , Blogger Sharon said...

Keep up the fight, so glad you survived it

 
At 17 February 2012 at 21:57 , Blogger Eden Riley said...

Teegs, I just watched that film clip, very cool song! (Although that girl is waaaay too prettily made-up to be an alcoholic.)

Love to you, hon. You're a survivor. xx

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home