This page has moved to a new address.

My Most Significant Purchase of 2012

Sunday 2 December 2012

My Most Significant Purchase of 2012

I'm starting a day late with Reverb12. Its a great post prompter to help us remember all the great things we did this year. As well as to help us reflect and make changes so that 2013 can be better. 

Day 2 is 'My most significant purchase of 2012' 

2012 seemed to be the year of never quite getting far enough ahead. As a result I only had one large purchase this year. I was my lovely, white HP laptop. 

My little netbook had been annoying me for a while at the lack of power and size. If you only use your computer for social media and blogging, then a netbook is really not a good choice. Then the moment that everyone computer owner dreads happened...the blue screen of death. Thankfully it seemed to keep recovering, but each time I was apprehensive that this would be the last time. After a bit of searching around I discovered that my little netbook was filled to the brim and that it would probably benefit from a clean out and have all the non essential stuff transferred to a external hard drive. 

It was coming up to tax time so I set aside some money to buy a hard drive. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am the queen of impulse buying. I went into a local electronics store with the intention of buying a hard drive. I decided to take a bit of a squiz at the laptops and see if there was anything in my price range. Cue 30 minutes later, and I was walking out the door with my new laptop. 

I love my laptop. I don't have a great deal of space in my tiny unit so it's great to have a laptop that I can sit on the couch with and watch tv while I am surfing the net. This is also probably why I rarely get to sleep before midnight. 

What has been a significant purchase for you in 2012?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2 December 2012 at 17:08 , Blogger Ness said...

We bought two lap-tops this year,as my husband works from home, so we both need one. The first was a HP Notebook, which is great. Then we got a Toshiba one, which we're not as happy with..and we're already starting to see that 'blue screen of death' thing you mentioned, so trouble could be ahead. EEEEEK!

 
At 2 December 2012 at 17:10 , Blogger Just One More Chapter said...

I guess mine would have to be the electronic breast pump lol. It meant bub got ebm for 7 months! Otherwise i would have started her on full formula sooner.

 
At 3 December 2012 at 05:48 , Blogger ann said...

I would have to say the house we built is the most significant plus it came with a dishwasher!! The impulse buy of the year is my pvr. We were looking at new dinner sets and came out with the pvr!!

 
At 6 December 2012 at 05:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I'd rather see the screen of blue death than that sad Mac face you used to get on the old Mac's - back in the day! It was like the little guy was laughing at you. Stopping by from reverb2012.

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home