This page has moved to a new address.

Why I Started My Blog

Thursday 29 November 2012

Why I Started My Blog

Welcome to Reader's Choice Thursday! I hope you've all had a great week so far.
 
This weeks topic is 'Why I started my blog'.
 
I started my blog in April 2011. It started off as a place for me to vent. I used it as a sounding board for my thoughts and frustrations.  I didn't make it known to everyone that I had a blog as it was all pretty dark stuff at the start. 
 
I then came to the realisation that 'hey maybe someone could benefit from this'.  One of the things I enjoy about the blogs that I read on a regular basis is that they all talk about things that resonate with me at different times in my life.  There have been many times when I have been reading through a post nodding my head, and feeling better about losing my shit that morning because I know I'm not alone.  That's the kind of space that I wanted to create for my readers. 
 
For me writing has always been much easier than talking. I shut down and change the subject when walking one on one. I'm not particularly good at portraying what I am feeling in the spoken word.  Give me a pen and a piece of paper though and I can write you an essay.  My blog became a way to let people know where I am at. 
 
Sometimes life can be way to serious.  I check joke sites regularly and spend most of my online time on them.  I tend to mostly be in a cocoon, choosing when I want to engage with a news story.  We don't watch the news. Devil Spawn and I watch The Simpsons instead.  I'm sarcastic by nature.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that sarcasm is my second language.  I love making posts that poke fun at the stuff that I have done through the week or that have happened to me in the past.  I love sharing with everyone the stupid shit I have done and I love reading other peoples examples of stupid shit they have done. 
 
Facebook got too crowded. You know, when you have all of these people on your friends list that it's too much drama to delete so you kind of censor yourself.  Believe it or not, that's what I tend to do.  My blog became an outlet for me.  I found myself writing negative status updates all the time, so I would sit down, write everything into a post and while I wouldn't always immediately feel better, it did help. 
 
In summary I created this blog for myself first, then the more I became confident in my writing, I started writing it to include YOU, the reader.  I love the community that a Blog creates and love getting to know all of my readers through comments.
 
Why did you start your Blog? Link up below and let me know.
Don't have a Blog? What's your outlet?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 29 November 2012 at 06:40 , Blogger ann said...

I am also so much better at communicating by writing. Love this post.

 
At 29 November 2012 at 11:21 , Blogger Ness said...

I also communicate better through writing than talking. Not really a talker at all.

I'd also love to link up, if that's okay. I've never done it before and it looks like fun.

 
At 29 November 2012 at 11:25 , Blogger Tegan Churchill said...

Of course you can link up! It's open to everyone :)

 
At 29 November 2012 at 13:03 , Anonymous Krystle said...

Woohoo another link up! Thanks for hosting. I'm similar to you in my blog being an outlet. I've never been one to journal, but it's essentially the same thing (for me anyway). It's amazing how much better it feels to get rid of whatever's going on, especially if it's causing stress.

 
At 29 November 2012 at 22:47 , Blogger Ness said...

Thanks! Will get onto it tomorrow. :)

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home