This page has moved to a new address.

I'm all about choice baby

Wednesday 21 December 2011

I'm all about choice baby

I've been umming and ahhhing about writing about this topic because I wasn't sure how to approach it without seeming preachy or attracting unwanted attention.  In keeping with what I have going on about honesty though I decided to take the plunge...so here goes.

I think the greatest debate the many mothers, mothers-to-be and every other nosey bastard that wants to put their two cents in whether they are planning on having kids or not is 'to breastfeed or not to breastfeed'.  Go onto any parenting forum and you will no doubt find a heated debate from both sides of the fence.  

What camp do I reside in? I sit in the 'its your damn baby and your body you do whatever the hell you like as long as you are feeding them'.  I do however enter into debates if someone who bottlefed their child is being unfairly treated.

I bottle fed Mini Man and I'm not sorry for it..nor do I think it is anyone's business to try and make me feel guilty for it.  I did what was best for our situation and it worked.  In the same breath though I never begrudge a friend or woman for their ability to breast feed.  If you can and you want to, then that is awesome...but if you can't or don't want to then that is just fine too.

I've been called many names on parenting forums for choosing to bottle feed and I think it's disgusting.  As mothers we face so much judgement, so why do we feel the need to push our own judgement onto other mothers.  

I think there needs to be support for everyone.  Support if you are breastfeeding, support if you are bottle feeding.  There were a lot of questions I had when I first had my son...but I was never asked if I was ok because I 'took the easy way out'.  Anyone who bottle fed/feeds will tell you that while it is relatively easy to establish compared to breastfeeding, it is in no way as easy as established, successful breastfeeding.  I did find myself wishing I had gone the breastfeeding route for the pure on tap convenience it has once established.  I forgot to take a bottle while out shopping ONCE it never happened again.

Being a mum is hard...you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home