This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrate YOUR SELF this festive season

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Celebrate YOUR SELF this festive season


Since Devil Spawn came on the scene we have very much done what others have wanted. Gone here, there and everywhere. There hasn't been a year yet where we have just settled in for the day and well to put it simply, bludged. 
 
After last Christmas I told Papa devil that this year we are having our Christmas.  We are sitting at home, doing things at our pace and anyone who wants to join in is more than welcome (except Papa Devils son but that is a whole different story).  I'm really looking forward to it. 
 
I've sat down and written a list of food I want to have on Christmas Day.  All cold stuff, most likely to the horror of Oculus Mundi ;).  You know the old saying, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Well that is precisely what I plan on doing.  Scrumptious Prawns, ham on the bone and more salads that you can pole a stick at.  I may even have a go at a scrumptious dessert. I have been scouring Pinterest for.... research ahem.
 
At this stage I have no idea who will be here other than Papa Devil, Devil Spawn and myself and at the moment I am ok with that.  I will most likely freak out when it gets closer but at the moment my list making is keeping me calm.  I love a good list.
 
Once food is served and done, I intend on doing nothing but veging in the back yard or on the couch and drinking vodka.  Most likely it will be stinking hot so I inted to get Devil Spawn a pool between now and Christmas that we can lounge around in for the duration of the day.
 
Devil Spawn is more into the whole Christmas thing this year, so it will be great to leave biscuits and a beer out for Santa and see the excitement on his face on Christmas morning when he opens all of his presents. 
 
I want to celebrate my self by surrounding myself with the people who I love and love me right back.  Christmas can be such a stressful time and it's nice to have good people around you.
 
What are you doing this festive season?

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4 December 2012 at 18:16 , Blogger Catherine Rodie said...

We'll be doing much the same! We don't have any family nearby so I'm planning a nice seafood lunch and a few glasses of bubbles while the little ones sleep :-)

 
At 4 December 2012 at 18:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

Same here, seafood and salads and POOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

 
At 4 December 2012 at 19:24 , Anonymous Alison said...

Heheh, I love prawns and ham, but yes will be cooking a bloody big roast on Christmas day - and soup :D Aside from opening presents in a puddle of sweat I will be swimming in a friend's pool and doing as little else as humanly possible aside from that :)

We had a couple of good wading pools over the years, the best one was from Clark Rubber, re used it for three years in a row, it was big enough that we could all float in it if we wanted, might be a bit large for your little guy though, but anything that gets you wet will be a good thing. Judging by today, it's going to be a stinker!

 
At 4 December 2012 at 19:38 , Blogger Loz said...

I'm a huge fan of a list. So much so, that I write things I have already done.. Just for the pure satisfaction of crossing it off. Sad I know. I'm lulled into a false sense of security this year.. I'm so relaxed I have planned zip zero!

 
At 4 December 2012 at 20:23 , Anonymous jenn {mountains and musings} said...

i love the idea of doing nothing at christmas. This year we are heading north to see family, which means spreading ourselves thin and probably being stressed. Can't wait ;)

Popping in from IBOT x

 
At 5 December 2012 at 16:20 , Blogger Beck said...

A huge traditional Christmas feast is always on the go here. Even though we live in QLD its the one time of year I really get into the whole traditional thing....
I just love it
Enjoy your Christmas xx

 
At 5 December 2012 at 20:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

It can be so hard to fit in everyone and be fair to everyone. We have our own Christmas with hubby and bubs here in the morning, before going to one set of grandparents for lunch and then the other for dinner. I always feel rushed, and we are very lucky in that they only live five minutes form each other.

 
At 6 December 2012 at 17:06 , Blogger Just One More Chapter said...

We're having Christmas as a family together this year. Not having to scrub into the SCN, Miss C can see her Aunt, Uncle and Great Grandparents. But we will be going to them, only because then I don't have to cook or clean up! Or deal with a house that's messy.

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home