This page has moved to a new address.

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Thursday 24 January 2013

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

I'm not big on posting recipes here because well, I'm not a big fan of cooking and I kinda, really suck at it.  I burnt a microwave dinner the other night, I wish I was kidding.  Sometimes though a recipe just works and it's easy.  It's always a plus when it's yummy too.

 Clearly I am not a foody photographer.  But the cheesyness (is so a word) is sooooo good.

Ingredients 
  • Wraps. I used Herb and Garlic flavoured ones to give it a bit more flavour.  In my recipe I used 4 but you may need more if you are feeding more than 2.5 people.
  • 500g chicken thighs, diced and cooked.
  • 125g Cream cheese. Philly is always yum!
  • 200g Sour Cream. This is kind of a guess. I have no idea how much I actually used.
  • Can of corn, drained. I used a small one as that is what I already had in the cupboard but you can use a larger one. 
  • Cajun seasoning. 
  • Taco Sauce. It might be a good idea to get two jars if you are cooking a few as the sauce doesn't go far.  It would be nice with chunky salsa too.
  • Grated cheese. I just kind of guestimated this amount too.  I used both tasty and Parmesan but you could also use mozzarella.  
 Method
  • Preheat oven to 200C and grease your dish. A reasonably deep tray is really vital for this recipe.
  • In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and half of the taco sauce.  I also put in a handful of each cheese but Devil Papa thinks that it could do without. It really depends on your love of cheese. I thought it was perfect.
  • Add chicken, cajun seasoning and corn. Mix it well. Make sure you have a decent sized bowl or don't get too vigorous with the mixing or, like me, you will end up wearing some of it.
  • Spread some of the taco sauce across the bottom of your tray.  I didn't use a great deal, just a thin layer will do.
  • Spoon mixture onto the wraps.  I used a decent amount per wrap. Don't worry if it looks like it's going to spill out the sides, it all adds to the cheesy goodness.
  • Place wraps into your tray, pushing them as close together as possible.  
  • Spread taco sauce over the top of the wraps and sprinkle more cheese across the top.  
  • Put your tray in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top has started to brown.
  • Undo the top of your pants or eat sans pants, this stuff is THAT good.
 

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 24 January 2013 at 06:31 , Blogger ann said...

Yum I love the sound of these!!

 
At 24 January 2013 at 11:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Just all that cheese is making me want to dig in! I love enchiladas but haven't had one in forever - must fix that!

Thanks for linking up with #TUST

Annaleis - Blogs and PR Team Member

 
At 24 January 2013 at 13:03 , Anonymous Robomum said...

Get. In. Mah. Belly.

 
At 24 January 2013 at 15:39 , Blogger Di from Max The Unicorn said...

This looks so cheesy and delicious! I found your blog through Talk To Us Thursday :)

 
At 24 January 2013 at 15:40 , Blogger Tegan Churchill said...

I'd share but...you know I don't want to :P

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home