This page has moved to a new address.

Jo-Baz Review

Sunday 6 January 2013

Jo-Baz Review

I received the following product to review. I received one box of product to use. All opinions are my own.
 
Anyone who knows me in real life will be able to vouch for me when I say that I have really, really thick hair.  Lately it has been a pain in the arse to control. It has been frizzy and unruly. Thankfully it is now long enough to pull up into a messy bun and it looks half decent.  So when I received the Jo-Baz Everyday Straight Hair, I was excited to try a product that would help keep my hair under control.
 
 *image from here

I don't have the time (or the energy) to sit and straighten my hair every single day, so this product is perfect.  According to the website Everyday Straight Hair works for up to 3 months  by adding Keratin to the hair. "Everyday Straight Hair's key ingredient is keratin, the hair's natural protein. During the formula's smoothing and straightening process the hair's internal structure is permanently changed and keratin is introduced back into the hair. The result is straight, smooth, controlled hair with renewed vitality and condition due to those returned keratin proteins."
 
This is what my hair looks like on a normal day

I'm a sexy beast.

I will admit when I read the instructions for the first time I was a bit daunted by the amount of process there seemed to be, but I was pleasantly surprised just how easy it was to use.  I'll be the first to admit that I am no whiz when it comes to whipping together a hair style, so the ease of this product once I got going really appealed to me.  However I would suggest before you start that you have large clips, hair dryer, a comb and plenty of cling wrap.  I didn't have a hair dryer so the process took a little bit longer.
 
 In the running for sexy Mama of the year with my cling wrap hair do.

As I have mentioned, my hair is very thick. I wasn't able to get the super straight effect that I desired but I do think that after another run over with my straightening iron and a dose of fixing cream that it will become more sleek.  Although my hair is not super straight, it is a lot healthier than it has been a long time. My hair has lost the frizz and it's not such a pain to do anything with. One thing that I also noticed is that there is more moisture in my hair so it is a lot easier to brush each day. Instead of having to take 10 minutes and some leave in conditioner to be able to get the knots of one day out, I can now pull a brush through it and there is only a couple of knots.  My hair does still have a couple of waves through it but they are much more defined. 
 
All up, it took me about 2 hours to put the products through my hair. It is a 4 step process that you need to do, if you want to make it more permanent. If you don't want it to be as permanent you can skip straight from keratin, to the fixing cream without ironing out your hair.  This dramatically cuts the processing time but it doesn't give you the straightening effect.  The straightening time will vary depending on the length of your hair and how thick it is. It took me about 45 minutes to iron it all out.  If you can manage to wrangle a friend to help you out with that step then I would really suggest it.
 
 The instructions called for an olive sized amount of Keratin B. Obviously my olives have had the super size treatment. p.s don't you love my hawt pink gloves.

Overall I am happy with the result from Jo-Baz Everyday Straight Hair. While my hair still has a bit of a wave, it looks much better than before I used the product.  I think what I struggled with the most was not being able to tie my hair back for 3 days after putting the product in my hair. So I suggest doing it when you don't have a lot to do and can have your hair down.  It is also recommended that you don't dye your hair for at least 14 days after the product has been used in your hair as it may effect the results, especially if the dye uses bleach. Bleach will remove any effects of Everyday Straight Hair.
 
The end result. Much more contained!

Jo-Baz Everyday Straight Hair can be found at your local Priceline or Big W store.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6 January 2013 at 15:26 , Blogger Ness said...

Hmmm I'd like to try it, but as I do dye my hair maybe it's not right for me. Your hair looks good though.

 
At 6 January 2013 at 15:44 , Blogger Tegan Churchill said...

As long as you don't dye it for 2 weeks after using it you should be fine. I looked at it in Priceline and its $30 for the box.

 
At 7 January 2013 at 07:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good and cheap alternative to maintaining salon keratin treatments...

 
At 21 January 2013 at 09:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi would you be able to email me the instructions.I went out and bought me the same stuff from countdown supermarket and when i got home there were no damn instructions.we live hours away from town and only go in once every two months and i am sick of trying to get into town.Please help.my email addy is metalzon09@hotmail.com
Thanks
GAIL

 
At 6 March 2013 at 15:20 , Blogger Unknown said...

:( I bought this product using a priceline gift voucher I got from a family member. I didn't use it straight away because it was still so hot and I knew I'd want to go swimming, then 'bang' I found out I was pregnant, I'm happy I didn't use the product but so sad I can't try this....

frizzy-haired mum to be

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home