This page has moved to a new address.

Chicken and Vegetable Nuggets

Thursday 4 April 2013

Chicken and Vegetable Nuggets

I hate veggies. At least veggies on their own.  I can handle them in a bake or mixed in with other stuff so that I can't taste them.  Devil Spawn hates them just as much, so veggie smuggling is pretty important around here.  One food that Devil Spawn does love though is chicken nuggets.  He'd eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him but sadly they aren't particularly nutrious.  That's when I got thinking about how I could combine veggie smuggling with Devil Spawns favourite foods and Chicken and Vegetable nuggests were born.  I try to have pureed veggies in the freezer all the time so that I can add them to spag bog and other easy foods.

Chicken and Vegetable Nuggets




 

These are better prepared a few hours before you are ready to cook them.  Of course if you are short for time, preparing and cooking straight away won't make too much difference.
 

Ingredients
500gm of chicken thighs, pureed (you can use chicken mince but I found the thighs easier to work with)
2 cups of vegetable puree. (You can use any mixture of pre pureed vegetables)
Tuscan Seasoning (I tried it with the all pourpose seasoned salt and they just weren't the same)
Breadcrumbs

Method
1.    Mix together the chicken and vegetables, adding the tuscan seasoning as you go.
2.    Roll the mixture into tablespoon size balls and coat in bread crumbs.  Place flattened
    balls into an air tight container, putting a layer of baking paper between each layer.
3.    Put the prepared nuggets into the fridge for at least an hour. A friend gave me this     tip and it's great for keeping the breadcrumbs intact when cooking.
4.    Shallow fry the the nuggets until both sides are brown. This helps keep the mixture     together.
5.    Bake for 25 minutes at 200C

This recipe makes about 32 nuggets.  I cook them all then separate into resealable bags for easy dinners in the future.     

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home